Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vilting in Wienna Part 2ish


We stumbled on more evidence of Hundertwasser and the thermal energy plant that he designed - a beautiful art deco man hole cover.
Speaking of which we spotted the thermal energy plant as we crossed the Donaukanal.
The red traffic light design appears to have taken little heed of the preachings of Flann O'Brien*.
The rear wall of the Hunterwasser museum reminded me of my kitchen floor back home.

We stumbled on more evidence of Hundertwasser and the thermal energy plant that he designed.


*obscure reference to the Third Policeman.

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is that you got some funny looking tiles in your kitchen at home...lol
    Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Hundertwasser gallery in Vienna but Ian and Bikerted were sort of unimpressed :-) You seem to have enjoyed your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now did we miss the energy plant? One thing we have noticed also whilst travelling, the amount of decorated man hole covers. Guzzisue has photographed several of these over the years. If they were decorated over here I'm sure many more would "disappear" overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baron, sure have - they come from Wales!
    Guzzisue, I related to Hundertwasser - his art looks like my doodles and his philosophy to authority and uniformity I am sympathetic to.
    bikerted -I'm always looking down at my feet to avoid stepping in what MRSLv2 says are "bombs" so I notice these things!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter