Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some People have all the problems...


So what to do about properly dressing the ladies on the back of your bike?

I'm not Don Juan, but I've had a handful of opportunities to have a friend or date on the back, anywhere from around the block to a afternoon ride. Of course, none of them have their own gear, so it's up to me to provide the right equipment.

How can I have extra gear for someone I haven't yet met? Do you wait until you meet the right one and then buy her the gear? Do you choose which size you like, buy that gear, and date only women that size?

Do you buy large gear and tell the small girls just to cinch it up?

Jamie

6 comments:

  1. Do you choose which size you like, buy that gear, and date only women that size?

    LOL! That's such a pragmatic bloke approach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but no but...
    I mulled over this one - concluding that I'm too mean to buy gear in anticpataion so any pillionette of mine gets to wear my hand me down Belstaffs size XL - that equates to size 18? Better get the rear suspension enhanced...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely all single ladies simply wear diaphanous silky robes and if the bike should fall over whilst they are on they would simply float through the air, landing on one dainty silk slipper whilst smiling enigmatically?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Illiterate graduate engineer rushes to dictionary to look up diaphonous.
    And only one dainty silk slipper? I'll chat to my psychologist about this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be fair, if the single lady in question only had one dainty silk slipper, it follows she might only have one foot, then she might only have one leg and then you'd have to buy duck-tape to tape her to the seat to make sure she didn't fall off every time you went round a corner. Which doesn't seem best romantic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the case of one legged beauties I might arrange to have a side car fitted so as to maintain the romantic enigmaticity (engineering term for the avoidance of duck tape rash).

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter