Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hellfirepass Summer Frolick Shock Horror Rain Dance up Thundermountain International Blog Fest

I joined the Buxton Motorcycle Club in early August  and here we all are somewhere lost in Staffordshire on a rare dry August evening.
And here is Richard fellow but nonetheless accomplished blogger on our first breakfast international blogfest meeting and ride out event at Dolgellau prounounced Dolgethly..
I thought we were riding the "Mach Loop" but it turned out to be the Hellfire pass - most scenic.
Back in Cheshire the potatoes arrive,
as do the workman who dig to lay a new gas pipe.
Danny Hulme's F1 car appears in my local Mclaren showroom - no price advertised.
Later in Germany the annual family ride out takes place on a dry Satuday: Here in the Donnersbergkreis my brother in law is displaying happiness.
Mrs N is clearly relishing the break from riding pillion on a Rotax powered single cylinder motorcycle.
Obligatory view of motorcycles obscuring nice scenery (almost).
Nice view of river Nahe.
Wiesbaden Folklore Festival - some bint dressed up in a Martian suit accosts me.
My favourite shop in Wiesbaden - furniture made from old Boeing aircraft trimmed in soft brown leather...nice!
I don't think that Antony Gormley is responsible for these blue sheep adorning the Kur House lawn - they don't look like him for a start.
A quick flit through Wesel again on my way to Hamburg Airport - the mayor likes plastic asses apparently. 
At Duisburg station there is  a model railway to play with whilst waiting for the connection!
The train to Hamburg is operated by HKX and they use old fashioned but comfortable rolling stock.  50% cheaper than DB too!
Coming next month:  A blog with a shorter title.

9 comments:

  1. My, what an eclectic collection of photos. Is that another vehicle coming towards you on that tiny road in the third picture?

    I think you need to come up with longer names for the posts not shorter. After all, one needs to keep Google on their toes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mrs N's ace was frozen in terror of some piloting issues.

    I swear those arent new gas lines. It is an elaborate potato launcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the length of the title. Please don't make the next one shorter as this keeps me chuckling as I read it.

    It is nice that you and Richard were able to meet up and ride together. I like to hear of bloggers getting together.

    The Boeing furniture was way cool. Novel idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +1 what Richard said. Eclectic is the word.

    Love Mrs N.'s helmet. Is that a Schuberth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikos,

    Is there anything more German than old aircraft built into furniture - especially furniture that requires you to kill an animal? Too good.

    You had me laughing today, your comment about the martian generated a real life lol. Not the crappy fake kind, either.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. RichardM, luckily the oncoming vehicle was not towing a caravan.
    Lori, my suspicion is that those lines are a bullshit feed to the Conservative club up the street.
    Brandy, too bad we live so far apart!
    Sonja,
    Schuberth J1a brilliant helmet!
    Brady,
    Admit it, you are missing all those Wurst now!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally am. Of course, I don't mind all the other stuff I get now that I'm back in the States, namely chicken wings and motorcycles. A fair trade.

    brady
    Behind Bars

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to add something besides a ditto to the other comments - motorcycles are the scenery, they don't block the scenery - the scenery is just backdrop isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sir:

    I read this blog with great relief when I realized the potatoes had arrived. Isn't there a traditional ceremony in which Members of Parliament dodge the throwing of aged produce?

    I have met Mrs. Nikos and so I am personally acquainted with the smile she flashes in these pictures.

    My fascination with trains led me to click on the link associated with the last picture. The compartment on that train looked delightful. The last time air travel ha seats like that were on the Hindenburg.

    I regret I have become a phantom of late, but I have been busy with another literary pursuit.

    Fondest regards,
    Jack/Reep
    Twisted Roads

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter